Do you have some information on your family history but you are not quite sure what to do with it?
Have you been intrigued by the little green waving leaves on Television and found it not as easy as you expected?
Are you interested in finding out more information about the family but don’t have the time or knowledge to locate it yourself?
Do you have information from another source and want to add to it or confirm it?
If you don’t have the time or knowledge to research for yourself, utilise my time instead.
How do I research?
The research that I offer is mainly for Australia but other areas can be investigated if required. New Zealand has now become easier to research in as are other parts of the world.
There are many avenues to access information and my main Family Tree method is through Ancestry.com.au (World access) and I use FTM17.
There are too many resources to list but some of the more frequently used ones are: Trove for newspaper stories, BDM registrations, indexes, electoral rolls and census records.
I am based in Gympie QLD but with the availability of the internet and snail mail, anything is possible.
Research – $15 per hour (minimum is 2 hours)
My background includes nearly 30 years of research to-date. This involved my own family tree as well as research for many clients, family history newsletters and books.
Unlike other researchers who quote on the “job” and then do it, I charge $15 per hour. This means you can decide how many hours you want me to spend on your query. I find what I can and present it to you (including all of my working sheets) as well as family reports. You can then have further research done if you require it.
How do we start?
- You make contact with me and we discuss your requirements
- We look at what information you have and what your goals are
- You copy me in on your information as this prevents unnecessary work and this information can be confirmed with sources if you require it
- I get to work.
Direct Deposit, Cash, EFT, Paypal and Cheque
My qualifications and history:
- Credit Certificate achieved in Genealogical Research
- This is a course run each year by SAGS (Society of Australian Genealogists). It is an 18 month course and is limited to 25 people being accepted per year. (100 applied the year I was accepted)
- Almost 30 years experience in the field
- 15 years of active research with the Gympie Family History Society Inc. Roles include Vice Chair, Research Officer, Editor, Event Co-Ordinator and doing research for the Cemetery Crawl booklets. I am currently editing Gympie’s Great War series of 7 books in conjunction with GFHS members doing research.
- Teaching small classes and working with private clients for the past 4 years.